- You can properly pronounce Corsicana, Palestine, Decatur, Wichita Falls, Mexia, Waco, Beaumont, Pflugerville, Kerrville, Boerne, New Braunfels, and Amarillo.
- Your manners include: "Please", "Thank You", "Excuse me", "Ma'am" & "Sir" & you wanna punch those who don't use them.
- A tornado warning siren is your signal to put the stuff out in the yard you wanna get rid of.
- Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.
- You’ve ever had to switch from “heat” to “A/C”, TWICE in the same day.
- You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
- Stores don’t have bags, they have sacks.
- You see people wear bib overalls at funerals, with the utmost respect!
- You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
- You measure distance in minutes or hours.
- You refer to the capital of Texas as “home of the Longhorns.”
- You know that the Chicken Ranch didn’t really raise chickens.
- Little Smokies are something you serve only for special occasions.
- You go to the lake because you know what a Bigmouth and a Striper is.
- You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.
- You know cowpies are not made of beef.
- Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan a wedding date.
- You have known someone who has had one belt buckle bigger than your fist.
- A bad traffic jam involves two cars staring each other down at a four-way stop, each determined to be the most polite and let the other go first.
- You know that “Damnyankee” is one word.
- You aren’t surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, and bait all in the same store... & it's a Drive-thru.
- You always have iced tea & cold beer available for guests.
- A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol. A diesel 4x4 truck is.
- You know everything goes better with Ranch dressing or hot sauce.
- You learned how to shoot a gun as soon as you can walk.
- You actually like these jokes and are fixin’ to send them to your friends.
- You know not to order a chicken fried steak using words like “rare” or “well done”.
- You know that hot sauce is a staple at every table.
- You know where the Cotton Bowl is.
- You are 100% Texan if you have ever heard this conversation:
“You wanna coke?”
...And yes, I am a TEXAN!!!!!
You might be a Texan - IF :
There are no comments yet.